Safe Driving Saves Lives, and Money
Summer is arguably the most dangerous travel season of the year. Highways are laden with bumper-to-bumper traffic, speed traps, and unfortunately, accidents. In 2018, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported over 9,000 automobile crashes in June, July and August. Making smart choices behind the wheel not only keeps you and your traveling companions safe, but can save you thousands of dollars in traffic fees and insurance claims.
The average speeding ticket costs drivers $150, with less than 5% of citation recipients contesting the charge in court. With Legal Resources, traffic violations are listed under our plan’s fully-covered services. In the event of a ticket or accident, we encourage you to consult with your Plan Attorney to discuss appeals and options for court representation.
A few things to remember before you go:
- Speed Limits are laws, not suggestions
- Ensure your registration is up-to-date
- Stock your vehicle with essentials (full list here)
- Service cars before lengthy road trips
- Have your Legal Resources Member Card readily available