5 Important Water Safety Tips
Statistics show that drowning is a leading cause of death for young children—mostly from falling into a pool or being left alone in the bathtub.
The National Safety Council and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have teamed up to help reduce the risk of children drowning by encouraging everyone to keep these five water safety tips in mind:
- Always designate someone to watch children in and near the water.
- Sign your kids up for swimming lessons and make sure they’re confident in the water.
- Always make sure to remove pool ladders when they’re not in use.
- Always make sure your pool is surrounded by a fence and drains are covered.
- As a parent or guardian, sign up to take a CPR course.
Take the water safety pledge at https://www.poolsafely.gov/pledge/ and download a free toolkit.