Cell phone theft is on the rise. In order to protect your identity it is important to safeguard the phone itself and the information stored on the phone. A few safeguarding tips include:
• Always use a password to lock your phone
• Log out of your phone when you are finished using it
• Do not auto-save your passwords
• Be aware of who is standing near you if you are talking about sensitive information on your cell phone
• Make sure you have a way to locate your phone from any computer
• Include an email address on your lock screen so someone can return it to you
Remember, adopting a proactive mindset is the first step to ensuring that your personal information stays safe.